Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Return of The Bloody Mary Shrimp Gazpacho

Our neighbor through the pass - Malibu - holds delights indeed. For a time I enjoyed the sublime offerings of The Bloody Mary Shrimp Gazpacho at Bob Morris' Paradise Cove. Then, suddenly, the soup was delelted from the menu. I'm thrilled to say wisdom has prevailed and the soup is back on the menu. One bowl is an ample meal and you may even have some left over to take home. One word of advise: Do not order the soup to go even if what you intend is to take it home. I did that once and only once and found my soup arrived sans shrimp and in tiny portion. Order it at a table and it will arrive with all the fixins. You can then ask for a couple of to go containers (it won't fit in just one) and be sure it arrives with the shrimp as promised. Sure, you'll have to sport for a tip this way but believe me it's absolutely worth it. Another note to those who dine - the Guacamole there is not nearly as large a serving as it appears. While they serve it in a delightful margarita glass, you should know they line the bottom with a bed of lettuce and then put the guacamole on top. It serves about one and a half people this way, in my opinion. The burgers, I'm happy to report, are as fabulous as ever. You can't beat the view so be sure to get a table outside.

No comments: